Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Really?


So I guess it's safe to say that when God is teaching me something, he is REALLY teaching me something.




After teaching another holy yoga class on Matthew 5:3 this morning, this is what my day looked like.




I came home and the new puppies had peed in their crate and completely demolished one of their food bowls.




Needless to say they were covered in pee and little turquoise chunks of plastic.




I put them outside and left them there. I was seriously going to have to give them a BATH and I did NOT want to get all wet and stinky with them.




After the kids had a nap, I put the dogs back in the crate (and this time put the crate on the tile because I am a slow learner) and we headed to Ross.




In the fitting room at Ross Judah fell off of the bench and hit his head.




Now this boy hits his head more than any other kid I have ever known. It might be because he has a massive skull. It is seriously huge.




However, THIS time he walked away with the biggest goose egg of all time.




He was crying.




I was shirtless.




And I was watching this thing swell on his forehead.




Someone called the manager for me and they brought him an ice pack.




I managed a super mommy move and put on my shirt while holding him.




I'll be honest, I was a little impressed with my skills.




After Judah was done crying for his daddy, we went to the pet aisle and bought two CERAMIC bowls that cannot be chewed apart.




As we finished our errands I started to feel my spirit sink down into a really heavy place.




We came home and I gave the dogs a bath, cleaned the bathroom, gave the kids a bath, fed the dogs and kids and put Judah to bed.




Now, I am the kind of weary that makes soldiers fall back.




I am so at the end of myself.




And that is how I know that God is in this.




He's already pressed his words into my heart.




He's already made me hunger for more of him by stripping away more of me.




So, now that I am, yet again, at the very end of myself...




I can say that I am blessed.




It doesn't make me magically happy or refreshed.




I'm still weary.




But I can set my weary heart at the feet of Jesus and find rest.




So, tonight, after I clean dog pee out of the carpet (as I'm sure I will need to), put Aravis to bed, fold a mountain of laundry and vacuum dog hair off of the floor, I will be thankful that I am held in the hands of God.




Otherwise, it would be too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing as Moms what we have to go through every day, with the never ending laundry, dishes, vacuming, Picking up the endless toys that God only knows where they come from one after another! But while doing all of that changing, feeding, bathing, holding and in my case holding while (DOING ALL OF THE ABOVE) Your children and then all the mom's mommy, MOM!! Wow typing that really makes it reality! WOW we as moms do a lot and it is amazing to me at the end of the day that any mother can do it all and not bog us down! There are days that I just reach the bottom of my rope and can't take anymore like today with doing all of the above and having to hold Jasmine as she screams and crys all day long..not sure how to fix her or what else to do since I have done all of the things she has needed.. why is it that we have to go throuh it all why is that it can not just be so easy going? And not having the hubby helping more or cleaning up his mess but leave it for me to clean up while he is away at work and I deal with the crying baby, the house stuff, the kid stuff, the day care stuff, the dog stuff, the bill stuff..... the list goes on and on! And today Jasmine has one of her cring all day no matter what I do for her days...and I just could not do it anymore..crying my eyes out I sit on the couch and just cry out Lord what do I do.. how can I help her? What can I do. I look in my new babies eyes and kiss her and tell her I love her so much and no matter what she puts me through I will always love her (while she is screaming) and I just hold her close to my heart and cry out again Please GOD HELP ME..and would you know know it just like that my little Jasmine stops with a little wimper to follow and 2 seconds later she was asleep! WOW All I can say is that GOD is amazing and what we go through he is there for us every step of the way!! Just took me all day to ask for help. Maybe It was lesson for me to reach to him sooner then later!! Thank you for your touching words thought I would share my day with you to!