Friday, October 8, 2010

Balance?

I'm taking a day off... sort of.

Joe takes Aravis to school on Fridays so I've been sort of lazy all morning. I don't mind that. :)

I'm laying on my unmade bed with the window wide open. The air is cool and fresh - this is my FAVORITE time of year! FINALLY the weather has turned! The oppressive heat is fading away and fall is finally sneaking in (it's seriously October 7th).

In a little while I'll get up and do some laundry. I'll do the things my husband said he'd do this morning and forgot about (i.e. the trash and a pile of clean clothes that are now lying on the floor thanks to his frantic scramble for a shirt). I'll make the kid's beds and clean up the kitchen. I'll make cds for my clients and work out an outline for the next Holy Yoga Masters call... but maybe I'll take Judah for a walk first. We haven't gone on a walk since the beginning of summer.

My point is that I'm still on my search for balance. I'm still sorting through the contents of my life trying to determine what is necessary and what is clutter. Today is a part of that. I'm taking a day off because I'm tired. I'm also going to do the things that need to get done... mostly because I'm free to do them or not. Picking up my husband's clothes doesn't define who I am or my worth as a wife. It's not MY job. And don't think I'm not annoyed that I am the one who will do the things he told me HE would do. But I'm going to do them. It just seems balanced...

No comments: