Thursday, May 7, 2009

New Update!



Mike and Tassie will be returning home on Monday the 11th! They are weary, sick and dragging, but they are coming home and we cant wait to embrace them!

Tassie is slowly recovering, but not as quickly as they had hoped. She is weak and dizzy. The benadryl she was taking to keep the allergic reaction at bay was making her heart feel like it was going to stop so she stopped taking it.

Within hours of sending out that email we had so many people respond! As of right now we are estimating that people are collectively giving well over $3000 for Mike and Tassie to pay their hospital bill, settle things in Gales Point, and come home to rest and heal! How awesome would it be to be able to drown them in blessing?!


People, you ROCK! I am so proud to be a part of Jesus' community right now! I am beautifully amazed at the response of LOVE for a family that a lot of you have never even met! Some of you have NOTHING and yet are giving anyway! Some of you have an abundance and are letting your overflow flood the lives of the faithful! Some of you have been looking for a need to meet and were so Divinely led to thePhifers!

What a HOLY community serving a HOLY God!

Mike and Tassie need lots and lots of prayer! Pray that they will be so sustained for the next few days! Pray that they will be overwhelmed with peace and rest and strength while they are still in Belize, wrapping up their lives in Gales Point. Pray for an absence of trouble and for an outpouring of joy! Pray that they will be healthy and whole as they finish what they started. Pray that they will come home to a place of total and complete rest.

I have recieved a few emails from Tassie and Mike and they want you all to know that they are so blessed, so powerfully overcome by your generosity. They are blessed by the community of people they didn't know they had. They wanted me to tell you THANK YOU.

I'm including a part of Tassie's last email so that you can hear her own heart as she is in this space of waiting.


"I am excited for yoga. I can’t believe the community God has created in that group. God is so awesome. I have been sitting here in this apartment for so long I can’t wait to move even if it is to sit in child’s pose and bawl in his presence. I feel so grateful to be alive and transformed! I am so thankful to have suffered and experienced him in my greatest weakness. I am so thankful to have seen the power of His provision and the greatness of his love. My friend here, Mandy, calls me Job. I know I am not even close, but I am learning to be patient in affliction and grateful for each day I am given. I am so thankful that God is using me in that way. That in any suffering I do I might be a blessing to other people and to my Father! Who is this God? How is His love so complete and full? How can he see my needs and be compelled to fulfill them. Surely He is the great I AM!

I started reading Ruthless Trust and I love that God has started and ended our time here with me reading this book. It has been such a blessing to me. The last chapter I read was about really living in the present with God. Not looking back and not being transfixed on the future but being willing to meet him in the now. And to be thankful for the now. To know that he is my provider. That he is my friend, my father, my love, and my life. I can trust him in the face of death. I can trust him with my husband and sons. I can trust him to transform the community of Gales Point without any help from me. HE IS. He will complete the work that he starts."

Be blessed every one of you! You are the evidence of God's love and mercy in a dark world.

BE FREE!
Stephanie and Alisa

No comments: