Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Prayer

A friend of mine posted this on facebook this morning and I just kept reposting it.

The more I read it the more I FEEL it.

It's stunning and true and deeply powerful.

So I want to share it again :)

"You called, you shouted, and you broke through my deafness. You flashed, you shone, and you dispelled my blindness. You breathed your fragrance on me; I drew in breath and now I pant for you. I have tasted you, now I hunger and thirst for more. You touched me, and I burned for your peace." - St....Augustine

I've been really truly contemplating what is actually Biblical vs. what is tradition in the Christian faith.

This small quote seemed to stir up something ancient and universal for me. THIS is the God who was and is and will be. This is the great and mysterious Creator. This is the Unexplainable.

May we ALL be moved to hunger and thirst for more; to search and pray with an open heart. May we discover what is essential to our faith and be relieved of what is merely causing our ears to grow deaf, our eyes to grow blind and our breath to grow short.

No comments: