Friday, August 20, 2010

Sick Days and Adventure




So, today is day 5 of Kindergarten and the famous school germs have gotten ahold of my cute little Kindergartner. Poor Aravis has already missed a day of school due to a nasty cold. To be honest, I'm okay with that :)

She's been a little sniffly for the last few days, but last night I heard her growling in her sleep (Not snoring really - but growling. Not in a creepy way. It was pretty cute). By the time she woke up this morning the girl was coughing andboogery. So I called her school and took my kids on a morning hike to fuel up on some vitamin d.

This is NOT the time of year I like to hike. It was quickly approaching 100 degrees at 8:30 as we headed to our favorite reserve, but we were well stocked on water and wearing as little clothing as possible.

For some reason, as soon as we hit the trail, Judah was clinging to my hand - afraid of snakes!

He's never been afraid of ANYTHING on a hike before and we've never even seen a snake out there, so I was a little confused, but happy to hold his cute little hand.Aravis marched ahead of us scouting out the land. She was pretty certain our goal was to climb to the top of the mountain (didn't happen).

Halfway through our hike I realized that I had been hearing a sound behind the loud cicadas the entire time. Sigh. Rattles. We'd been tromping along all this time and had - not once - heard that famous rattling. So, we turned around and hightailed it for the car.

The second half of our trip was not as relaxed. But I didn't freak out (still kind of shocked that I didn't). I just told them to listen to the sound of the rattling and move away from it. We made it back to our air conditioned, enclosed car and drove the short distance to The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf for some iced tea and green juice.

Lesson le
arned: trust the two year old.


4 comments:

Giorgianni said...

I'm glad you guys are okay and you made it away from the rattlers!!

P.S. You are the most amazing preggers every! I don't think I have ever met anyone as active as you during their pregnancy! LOL GO STEPH!

stephanie moors said...

hahaha! honestly, if i stop moving i get depressed :) me and the gym are bff's these days ;)

Giorgianni said...

That's awesome! I wish I had that motivation! Yoga and dancing is all the exercise I get these days. I have plans in the very near future to have more gym dates though! Hopefully! It's just been hard to get back into it after a break cause I was sick.

stephanie moors said...

sounds like a lot of exercise to me!