Thursday, November 4, 2010

And Then We Rest

This is just one of those moments that should never end. I spent the entire morning cleaning like a mad woman and now I am just sitting here - exhausted. The window is wide open and there is an amazing 80 degree breeze billowing into the curtains. Everything smells sweet and fresh and clean. My kids are playing quietly together. I am fed and hydrated. I am content.

My life seems to be riding on a slow and soft wave lately. There is a general peace everywhere (with random small exceptions). I feel purposeful. I feel deliberately close to a soft breaking.

I am so thankful for moments like these. Human life is so full of tension and stress. We spend so much of our time worrying, arguing and doing. The more I live the more I see the incredible value in simply soaking in an accomplished and peaceful moment.

We do what is ours to do and then we rest.

No comments: