Monday, December 6, 2010

39 Weeks

Ah, 39 weeks. I thought you'd never come. :)

I can't believe this pregnancy has almost finished. It seems like I was JUST a little bloated and cranky ... now I'm a full 40 pounds heavier and practically limping through life. Sweet girl is almost here.

At the same time I'm pretty sure she will never come out. All of this prodomal labor has convinced me that the real thing will never happen. I will just spend the rest of my life having small, yet painful, contractions.

I think the end of a season always feels that way. Change is so beyond our comprehension. We want it, we've even experienced it before, but it's still so foreign. It's clearly impossible to stay the same, but how could things possibly progress?

Story of my life.

Aravis woke up last night with a tummy bug. She spent most of the early morning throwing up while her daddy followed behind, comforting her and cleaning up. When I woke up this morning Joe and the kids were crashed out on the couch watching TV, surrounded by blankets, cups of various fluids, a thermometer, and a throw up bowl. My poor sick girl has a hero for a daddy.

Since I'm 39 weeks it's a little risky for anyone in our house to get sick. I can only imagine being sick while in labor. Unfortunately people get sick. This is a part of the rhythm of life. So, Joe stayed home to make sure I didn't come into contact with any vomit and I've spent my morning making green smoothies full of vitamin d, grapefruit seed extract and wheatgrass to try to ward off the ickies for those of us who are still healthy. Aravis kept down a grapefruit seed extract and a few crackers and is currently asleep. I'm cooking up some yummy veggie soup for my girl - funny how love for your child can even motivate a whale. :)

So, at 39 weeks, life is still just life. Sick kids, a giant belly and a big pot of soup. Life. Life that doesn't seem to ever change, but truly MUST be on the very brink of being forever altered.

Come on Daisy. We're all ready....

1 comment:

Giorgianni said...

Aww...I sure hope Ms. Daisy makes her appearance soon! I know how ready you are! I'm prayin for y'all! Especially that you stay healthy!