Friday, December 10, 2010

Early Labor

I've spent the past two days in the early stages of labor. I've had very intense contractions that stay between 10-30 minutes apart. If I spend enough time bouncing on the ball they get closer together, but once I take a break they go back to their frustrating pattern. It's frustrating because Daisy is posterior right now, which means lots and lots of lower back pain. Sometimes I can't even tell if I'm having a contraction because my lower back just hurts constantly. Oooooooh, childbirth is a bitch.

I've had a hard time sleeping since my contractions are hard enough to wake me up. Thankfully, today, my mama heated up the rice heating pad for my back and I was able to take a nap. If not for that little nap I might be having a nervous breakdown right now. :)

The thing about the early stage of labor is that it can last for days. Days. I've never had it last this long, but Daisy has already proven that she is going to be a different human being than her siblings. So, I'm praying for patience and strength. I'm praying for sleep at night and a fear-free heart to approach the stunningly intense and powerfully spiritual act of birthing a child. I'm mostly praying that Daisy will just come - that the "early" stage of labor will become the "active" stage of labor.

Even though she seems permanently lodged in my womb, she HAS to come out at some point... right?


No comments: