Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Day Before The Day Before Christmas

I saw my daughter today, although NOT because I gave birth to her. We had an in-home ultrasound to check the fluid levels, etc and I got to see her fat, cute face. She was shoving fingers in her mouth and squiggling around. Her thighs are rolly polly and she IS, in fact, a girl (sweet relief for a mama who worries about everything). The ultrasound tech estimates that she is 8 pounds 11 ounces. Seriously. Now I know that ultrasounds are regularly wrong about the weight of a baby, but this was just shocking! Both Aravis and Judah were 7.7 pounds. 8.11? That's huge! At least it seems huge.... (although not to my mama whose biggest baby was 11.4)

The super great news is that everything is awesome. Daisy is healthy and whole. The fluid levels are great. She's moving like a maniac. She's chubby and super, super cute (only a mama can tell that from an ultrasound :)).

He also estimated that I am at 40 weeks and 1 day. I'm aware that an earlier ultrasound is a better indicator of a due date, but it gave me a bit of relief to think that she's not THAT overdue.

I ALSO got acupuncture today. This was my first experience with acupuncture and it was crazy. The acupuncturist was awesome and even offered to meet with me again on Sunday if nothing happens this weekend.

Okay, so let me tell you about this ancient, awesome experience. The needles are teeny tiny and super flexible. I barely felt most of them as they went in, but once she started working them to stimulate my energy I felt little electrical shocks. After that the spots stayed warm and tingly. I even started to sweat - which she said was my body releasing heat. There were certain spots that I REALLY felt and some that I was only slightly aware of.

It was both awesome and strange. In fact, almost 5 hours later, I can still feel the warm, almost tingly feeling in both of my hands.

Apparently acupuncture takes 6-48 hours to work (if it's going to), so now we're just waiting to see if Daisy is, indeed, going to be a Christmas baby.

Now that I have seen her face and her fat little legs, I want my baby to come out EVEN MORE.

No comments: