Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thankful

I took Judah to the park this morning. It's the first time we've been out of the house to play in weeks. The poor thing is going stir crazy. He's been really aggressive and angry lately and I can't help but think he's just really, really bored. He has so much energy and nowhere to channel it. He's constantly trying to wrestle with me and I'm constantly telling him to settle down. It finally occurred to me that this (almost) three year old just needs to PLAY.

So, we hit the park. The fabulous park. It was 75 degrees and sunny - a perfect morning for running and climbing and shouting, "Wanna see me do this, mama?!" Watching him have so much fun all by himself made me feel a little guilty. Overly pregnant or not, my boy NEEDS sunshine and a place to run. I've kept him holed up with me, easing through the last few weeks of this pregnancy, but even I needed the sunshine today. It was energizing to just be outside in the fresh air reading my Bible and watching Judah play. I honestly could have spent the entire morning just sitting on that park bench while he wore himself out.

Isn't this the part of pregnancy where you start to feel even more run down and depressed? Cause, over the last three days, I've felt a burst of energy. Don't get me wrong - I'm giant and I move very slow. My joints and muscles ache. I'm not overflowing with energy by any means, but I've been able to clean, do laundry, make dinner and put the kids to bed without feeling like my world was crashing down.

I'm pretty sure it's the green smoothies. I've been consistently starting my day with thick, green yumminess. It seems like they are giving me just the boost I need to finish off being pregnant. Maybe they'll help with the actual birth as well? I love green smoothies. Absolutely love them. They taste fresh and clean and delicious. I LOVE them.

In case you're interested, this is how I've been making them this week....

Rice Milk
Spinach
Kale
Frozen organic berries
Banana
Hemp protein powder
Grapefruit seed extract
Wheatgrass tablets
Vitamin D

I've been adding all of the supplements (which I take anyway) because I'm trying to boost my kids immune systems. I don't want anyone to get sick this close to Daisy coming. It's really hard to find ways to get a two year old to swallow GSE or wheatgrass. This way they just get crushed up in the blender and he never knows they are there. :)

I'm so thankful for the energy boost whether it's from the smoothies or not. I'm thankful for the sunshine and hearing my boy laugh. I'm thankful for a small moment to be fed from the Bible. I'm thankful for an awesome chiropractic adjustment. I'm thankful for clean laundry and a clean house. I'm thankful for a husband who works so hard to provide for us, but who is also willing to come home really quick to make Aravis' lunch for me (I didn't make him, don't worry :)). I'm thankful for a midwife who is so patient and encouraging. I'm thankful for my cousin/sister and favorite aunt who will be here in 5 days (and will either witness the birth or get to snuggle a brand new Daisy). I'm thankful for my parents who are so helpful and go out of their way to ease the stress of being 39 weeks pregnant.

I'm mostly thankful to be thankful. I could easily be miserable and I am so, so glad that I am full and overflowing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never met you, but I stumbled upon your blog. I had to message you to tell you how much I love reading your posts! Thank you for speaking from your heart and speaking truth. It is easy to see that God is truly at work in you and your family! I'll be praying for you and especially for your new baby's arrival.

stephanie moors said...

thank you SO much! :)