Monday, January 18, 2010

Day Five!


I woke up this morning with a sore throat. It makes sense I guess. My body IS pushing out toxins and such.

Nevertheless, I really don't want to get sick.

So, I downed some vitamin D, vitamin C, and some Wellness Formula tablets and headed out (in this rare, yet glorious rain) to get my yoga on.

I took a class at a local studio called At One. Definitly NOT Holy Yoga, but I love it when I get a chance to take a class there. They heat their rooms (not Bikram hot, but hot enough) which loosens up my muscles and even helps me breathe better. So, I spent an hour and twenty minutes sweating and breathing it out. It was fabulous.

I felt immediately better.... the wonders of yoga!

I'm clear headed, calm and easing out of this ugly detox funk. Good thing, cause I was starting to irritate myself.

I've spent the day eating soup, drinking juice and lots of water. I decided to take a day off from my usual stuff - like cleaning the house, etc. Although, I did pick up and clean the kitchen later on in the day. I couldn't help myself.

For the most part, this has been a very restful day.

Overall, this week, I think I am really starting to see how fleshy I am.

When I started to deprive myself of something I became even more aware of what resides in me.

I've also learned that, on the road to getting healthy, you sometimes get sicker first.


So, I'm ending today with some hulu and a warm bed. I'm rested, I'm more centered, I'm hopeful. Tomorrow will be new.


Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.
Ephesians 6:13-18

No comments: