Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Spaces


I am in love with country music.

I love the imagery. I love the idea of wheat fields and old trucks; long front porches and strawberry wine; cowboys with dirt under their fingernails and thunderstorms on the horizon.

It’s an ideal life for me. It’s how I picture heaven.

And today I am sitting here listening to Wide Open Spaces. I’m contemplating the transformation that has taken place in my life over the last 20 something years.

Maybe there is a deeper reason for my love of all things country.

If you ask me what I want in life I could only say that I want a free life. Nothing less.

So all these images of wide open spaces, lazy summer nights on a front porch and laying on a truck bed looking at the stars are somehow my “intention”.

They are set in my mind, in my heart...

When I think of a free life, I think of a space without limits; an open and airy space.

Warm sunlight.

Trees swaying in the breeze.

No rushing. No stress.

Freedom. Joy. Rest.

Of course I’m talking about the IDEAL of country life... the hope of eternity and the joy that comes with it.

But, today, with the windows open and with an internally clean feeling....

I feel new spaces stretching out in me.

No comments: