Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pre-Cleanse


Food has not been appealing to me lately. It grosses me out.

I feel frustrated every time I eat. I hate it.


It's no wonder. Over the holidays I lost my way with food. I ate so much processed, sugar-filled, even DAIRY-filled, garbage. Now I'm paying for it.


My tastebuds are on strike. My body is complaining.

I've had headaches, insomnia, and a general grumpiness.

So, tomorrow is the first day in a seven day cleanse.
I've found a cleanse that allows for salads and even quinoa and potatoes on the first and last day.

But the best part is all of the green smoothies and fresh juices. Honestly, I've been dying for the motivation to break out my juicer again. And here it is! Seven days of smoothies, juices, salads, and detox teas! Yum!

Most importantly, I've been in a nasty emotional funk.

I've been overwhelmingly aware of spiritual laziness and of my intense need for Jesus.


So, on top of this fabulous physical detox, I'm taking on a spiritual detox.


Without rules or guilt, I'm just going to spend these seven days with a very strong intention - Jesus.

My hope is to spend real time being nourished and cleansed by the Spirit of God.

I'm going to do lots of Holy Yoga, read my message bible, spend time each morning and each night in meditation and prayer, and take as many trips to the park with my kids as I can.


I want to taste food again. I want to enjoy it.


And I want to taste the Spirit again.
I want to breathe full and deep.

I'm hoping to post something every day for the next seven days. If you are so led, join me!

If you want in on the cleanse here is the link for the cleanse I am using, although feel free to do your own thing. (http://veganfusion.wordpress.com/2009/02/25/a-simple-winter-cleanse/)

Be free my friends!


Love....

3 comments:

lulliloo said...

love.

Jes said...

Excited for you and what this week will bring!

stephanie moors said...

thanks! :) me too....