Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Help


Jesus, send me something.

Anything.

My children are unreasonable and constant.

My very human nature is seeping through the cracks and I am TIRED.

We are on this amazing mountain top - hope and expectation are rooting themselves down all around us.

We are full and overflowing.

But, let me tell you, the wind is stronger up here. The sun is brighter. The fall is farther.

Just tonight, in this small moment, I am shaking.

I am trying to remember that, even here, you are praiseworthy.

There is something beautiful to be found here in my fragile moment.

So, listen to the wild beating of my heart and lead me into a restful breathing.

Draw me away with you into a complete withdrawal from what is so terribly frightening.

Teach me to trust my emotions to lead me to you. Teach me to trust that my emotions are not the problem.

If I stop fighting me I can start hearing You.

If I stop looking inward I can start looking upward.

If I stop fearing me I can start knowing You.

Aaaaaaah.

Just what I needed.

To step outside of me. To turn away from my anxiety and loneliness.

I feel better. Thanks.

No comments: