Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day One of Our Cleanse!!!


Day One! I am very happy with the beginning of this cleanse.

Granted, today was probably the easiest day. This is what we got to eat today:

A green smoothie (http://kristensraw.blogspot.com/)
Lots of bananas
An apple
A huge salad (spinach, tomatoes, avocado, cucumbers, celtic sea salt, lemon juice, and flax oil)
More bananas
Peach detox tea
Quinoa with celtic sea salt, flax oil and lemon juice
Baked potato with flax oil and celtic sea salt
Another huge salad (mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, flax oil, and basalmic vinegar)
Water, water, water, water, water.....

Tomorrow we cut out the quinoa and baked potatoes. I will miss them.

But I am feeling very motivated.

It just so happens that day one of this cleanse is a Thursday.

Thursday is significant because on Thursdays I get to take TWO Holy Yoga classes. Alisa's class in the morning and Brooke's class at night. My two favorite classes.

It seemed appropriate that I start today. Yoga is extremely detoxifying and that is, after all, the point of all this.

This morning in class Alisa said, "Feel that resistance? It is that resistance that kept Cain from giving everything he had."

Ah. Resistance. It seemed that this was a perfect intention for this week. My flesh wants to give in. Already. I want to eat pasta and cake. I want to eat an entire loaf of french bread. I want to lay on my yoga mat and be weak.

But I've made a choice. And I like my choice. Even though my choice is a hard one to follow through on, I'm going to squish that resistance like a bug.

I don't want to come to the end of this week having cheated my way through. I don't want to hold back. I don't want to give into my weak flesh. I don't want to give up on the spiritual blessing of denying my flesh.

Like I said, I want to be free. I want to enjoy food again. I want to feel the moving of the Spirit as I pull my kids in the wagon to the park. I want to find healing and hope on my yoga mat. I want to open my Bible and find fresh, green hope growing in those pages. I want to breathe deep of clean, perfect air.

I don't want to resist. I don't want to struggle AGAINST God. I want to surrender to what he is doing.

I want to give it all. I want to finish my week.

At the end of this cleanse I want to find that my spirit is lighter, my heart is fuller, my joy overflowing.

And Ephesians 1 has been the message of my life lately....

So, I'll end my day here, meditating on the fullness of our freedom...

Because of the sacrifice of the Messiah, his blood poured out on the altar of the Cross, we're a free people - free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free, either. Abundantly free!
Ephesians 1:7



No comments: